| A Quick Introduction to Vaporizing Herbal Concentrates, Extracts and Oils |
PV (Personal Vaporizer) : Commonly referred to as an vape pen, E-Cig or box mod etc. A device designed to vaporize a specialized liquid for consumption through inhalation.
Vape : The use or reference to vaporization and inhalation of an E-Liquid using a PV.
E-Liquid : Also called E-Juice. A substance designed to be vaporized using a PV.
Battery : The power source of a PV.
Tank : Also called a Cartomizer, Clearomizer, Glassomizer etc. A fillable reservoir with an internal wick and heating coil system.
Concentrates : Concentrated oily or resinous material extracted from herbs commonly obtained using some form of heat or solvent extraction process.
The Personal Vaporizer is a device that has gained popularity over the last decade for tobacco smokers looking for a smoke free alternative to cigarettes. It is not necessarily a new invention as the basic design behind modern devices was patented back in the 60's, but the selection of devices and accessories has exploded in recent years. The equipment used to vaporize Nicotine E-Liquids can also be used to vaporize Herbal Concentrates and Extracts with the proper preparation. To suit a variety of preferences, we produce two distinct types of products for this purpose. Both PUFF MAJIC and SYNERGIC are specifically formulated to be easily combined with herbal concentrates and produce a premium infused liquid suitable for use in personal vaporizers. We will explain the differences below and we know that if this is all new to you, it can be a little intimidating and overwhelming. But don't worry, MAJIC Solutions products and kits make it very easy!
One essential component to a successful and satisfying vape experience is the proper equipment. Your equipment will consist of a Battery and a Tank. Both of these components are available at retailers ranging from Convenience Stores to Vape Shops. There is a wide range of styles with varying prices. Like most things in life, better equipment can produce better results. Keep in mind though that most equipment will work sufficiently well.
- Batteries - A basic battery will work just fine. Most will just have an on/off button and are simple to use. More expensive batteries are available with a variable voltage or wattage adjustment. This feature adds greater flexibility because you are able to vary the output. This will change the temperature of the coil and allow you to customize the experience. But if you use a variable power device always remember to start at a low setting and work your way up to the point of optimal vapor output. This is the ideal method of finding the correct setting
- Tanks - There are far to many tank options to discuss in detail so this will cover the basics. They all have a fluid reservoir and some form of wicking material which supplies the liquid to the coil. The coil is heated by the battery and the liquid is vaporized and combined with air being drawn through the center. They can range from a simple clear plastic tank that is essentially disposable, to a complex metal and glass tank that is cleanable, refillable and has replicable coils. Again, a basic Tank will work just fine but we always suggest a glass tank over plastic units. If you find yourself vaporizing liquids more frequently, upgrade to a higher quality tank and buy a pack of replacement coils. Due to the nature of concentrate infused liquids, the performance of wicking system supplying the coils may degrade in a way it wouldn't when used with a Nicotine E-Liquids. As time progresses they become less effective at transferring constituents into the coils. This can decrease the effect and enjoyment. The more disposable types of tanks are generally single use because of this. If you are using a tank with replaceable coils, we always suggest clean coils with every fill for best performance.
How Vaping Works:
As you may have gathered from the Equipment section, when vaping, a battery heats a coil in a tank of liquid and produces a vapor. When you vaporize concentrates using MAJIC Solutions diluents, the concentrates are efficiently atomized and drawn into the lungs in the form of vapor. When smoking, the burning process produces heat and vaporizes the compounds which you draw it into your lungs in the form of smoke. The two processes accomplish the same result which is transporting all of the compounds found in your herbs into your lungs for absorption. Of all methods to enjoy herbal concentrates, vaporizing or smoking can be the most effective methods of delivery into your blood stream and also the easiest method to control dosage. For those not wanting to smoke , the ability to vape an infused liquid is a fantastic alternative. When you vaporize, you eliminate all of the carcinogens produced by burning plant material.
How do our liquids work?
- PUFF MAJIC is a "E Mix" type of product that it is designed to be combined with almost any form of herbal concentrates. By "E Mix" we mean most similar to a traditional e-liquid. This product is a glycol based diluent that when combined produces a micro emulsion that remains stable and does not separate. With PUFF MAJIC you can produce a Premium Concentrate E-Liquid for use in virtually any PV. The mixing process is very easy with this DIY liquid mixer. A simple warming of our product with the desired amount of extracts and a gentle stirring process produces a infused liquid in minutes. You can make it using supplies found in your kitchen or can purchase one of our MIX LAB Starter Kits for an easy all-in-one mixing solution. PUFF MAJIC liquids are excellent at masking odors and produce a more pronounced vapor cloud. Many feel it is also easier on your respiratory system than an "Oil Mix" type of liquid.
- SYNERGIC is an "Oil Mix" type of product that it is also designed to be combined with almost any form of herbal concentrates. By "Oil Mix" we mean most similar to a viscous cannabis oil. This product is a terpene based diluent that when combined produces a true solution that remains stable and does not separate. With SYNERGIC you can produce a Premium Concentrate Oil for use in virtually any PV. The mixing process is also very easy with this DIY liquid mixer. A simple warming of our product with the desired amount of extracts and a gentle stirring process produces a infused liquid in a short amount of time. When using this product we suggest a lower temperature process to preserve the terpene profile. You can make it using supplies found in your kitchen or can purchase one of our MIX LAB Starter Kits for an easy all-in-one mixing solution. SYNERGIC liquids do not mask odors as efficiently and produce a less pronounced vapor cloud. But the experience is closer to a true cannabis flavor. It is a bit heavier on your respiratory system than an "E Mix" type of liquid.
Why DIY with MAJIC Solutions?
Making your own concentrate infused liquids puts you in total control of content and quality. Pre-fills can range drastically in content and quality making it hard for someone to have a reliable and high quality supply to vaporize. In the relatively young cannabis vape industry, some are unfortunately mixing using a variety of questionable substances. Its a roll of the dice. With PUFF MAJIC or SYNERGIC you have a source of high quality base liquids which you can combine with the extract of your choosing.
Here is some other helpful information:
- You can mix enough volume for one tank or a whole bottle. The choice is yours. It has a great shelf life.
- For best performance mix for viscosity over strength. Too thick of a liquid will not perform well in most tanks as they are designed to vaporize a fairly thin E-Liquid. Proper viscosity = Higher rate of delivery = Better effect , Too thick = Poor flow = Burnt wick & weak hit
- Quality equipment yields better results. While almost any PV will work, we recommend a high quality battery and a tank.
- Quality Concentrates yield better results. The purer and cleaner the Concentrate is, the purer and cleaner your resulting liquid will be. High levels of plant fats and waxes can shorten coil life. Use MAJIC Nano-Filters if your concentrate has impurities.
- For the best possible infused vape experience, use MAJIC Solutions liquids and DIY your own Premium Infused E-Liquid or Oil!